Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I Don't Think We're In Kansas Anymore

Did you think you came to the wrong blog for a second? It's a pretty big change, huh? While I absolutely loved my old blog, it was time for a new, fresh look. What do you think?? I have had the privilege of working with an awesome lady named Jackie, on this blog, and now on my photography website. She is the talent behind Memories By Design, and let me tell you, she is a blast to work with!

Need a blog makeover? I highly recommend Jackie!

------------------------------------------

On a different note, I'd like to share with you what I have learned this week so far:

When a newly potty trained child says she has to pee - she has to pee. There is no waiting, and if you choose to wait, you will have a child with wet pants...at the top of a slide...in front of your moms group.

You know those net feeders that you can put fruit in for babies to chew on when they aren't ready for whole table food?? They melt in the microwave. Guaranteed.

When 3yr old twins are left alone in the bathroom to wash their hands, at least one will come out drenched from head to toe...I promise.

And sometimes Realtors forget to call and tell you they are coming for a showing. So once in a while you answer the door in your plaid pajama pants, with a baby on your hip while you're trying to get all the kiddos in bed so you can get one stinkin' moment to yourself, and a family of 5 is standing there w/ a realtor in tow. Fantastic. So you invite them in for a showing and a "we - have - 5 - kids - 5 & under - and - it's - bedtime - show."

...Oh the many adventures...

Hope you all are having a great week!

7 comments:

jenny said...

Looks amazing, Kate. I absolutely love it!! I have been wanting to get one done to my blog for awhile...but unfortunately, it's hard to find people who do them on wordpress blogs. I recently found one woman who does, so I need to either use her or switch to blogger and then choose someone. Great change though!
Jenny

Jeni said...

Hi Kate,

Love the new look!! Hope your morning is off to a great start.

Jeni

Unknown said...

LOVE the new look Kate! :)

Membership Required said...

love the new look and I enjoyed looking over at the photography blog too. Wish I could take you up on the summer special but I dont think you'd want to come all the way to Houston. ML

Eva said...

I love it! It looks great.

Giving Love Encounters said...

Kate,
LOVE the new blog. So savy! ;)

And yes, I am loving my new little one. Life with 5 is fantastic!

Happy Friday,
Kristen

Sarah said...

It looks fantastic, Kate! She did a great job. and your photography is amazing... I hope that's all going well and you're still managing to find some time for YOU!