Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Back In The Saddle

We are getting back in to the swing of things after a long winter break.

And by long I mean crazy. And unexpected. And surreal. And INSANE.

But we are all still here and everyone seems to still be ok, so that means something is going right...right? Just say I'm right, ok? Lie to me if you have to, sister.

I am adjusting to our new (not) normal. I've been thinking of new ways to keep up with the laundry and housework and such with 8 kids. Because even though we only added 2 more, it feels like we went from 6 to 12. I don't know why, but it does. Eric surprised me last week with these bad boys...


I don't think I've ever been more attracted to him. 

It's like he gave me my very own laundromat! These were my late Christmas, early anniversary, birthday, and "any other event that calls for a present" gift. Instead of updating our rings or going on a 10yr anniversary trip next month, we got a church van and a washer & dryer.

We're so romantic. 

I had an unexpected meeting with the girls biological mom on Friday that rocked me a little. And as much as I want to share about it all, I'm just not ready. It's messy, and annoying, and sad, and good, and SO many other emotions that I can't seem to make any sense of. I'm confused but also clear on the fact that He is working here.

Now, He may be working the most on me and my lack of faith and one of a kind control issues, but can we save that for another post? Yes? Great.

In the meantime, look at a cute picture of my girls... 


Sigh, I love them.

We've embraced the snow and loved every second of it. Well, except for the fact that they only have to pee after I get ALL the snow clothes on. By the time I get all the clothes on I am basically sweating - so taking them back off goes down in my book as a full blown workout.

Anyway. Does this all sound like rambling yet? Well, 8 kids make you ramble. For reals.

I'm off for now. Going to lay out some food for the crockpot tomorrow. I am making and freezing some of our favorite Cream Cheese Chicken Chili. The kids love it and I love having some frozen meals for busy nights (which is basically every night right now). You should try it, I promise you'll love it!

Hope you're having a great week, friends!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

LOVE the "church van" and your "very own laundromat" for a 10th anniversary present. :)

For our 10th anniversary, we too had 6 children and owned a 15 passenger "church van". We did not have our own laundromat, however, until we'd been married 20 years, because they didn't make monster machines for residential use back in "the old days". :)

Hugs, Love, & Prayers!!!

Laurel
mama of 12

Clever Blonde -Donna G said...

Lol you are gorgeous. And how lucky to have such a clever hubby who can choose such perfect gifts. Love and prayers heading your way from down under. I am in awe at the awesome opportunity you have to sow such wonder and awe into the lives of those sweet girls. You are changing history. Right now I have the most amazing sense of thankfulness for you both. Wow. I've been praying for you for 10mins and I have a glimpse of how glad the fathers heart is. Bless you both. xoxoxo

Marisa said...

Oh, girl, you make me laugh. You're new get-up looks pretty sweet with the lights and all! Hope it makes life a little bit more manageable. Love your servant's heart!