Friday, June 24, 2011

Overworked And Overpaid

There is no paid time off...

long lunch break...

company plane...

end of the year bonus...

fancy business wardrobe...

or corner office that could tear me away from this...


Even on my most mundane, laundry pile after laundry pile, when will we ever get ahead, feeling like I'm not making a difference kind of day...

there is no expensive holiday party...

6 figure salary...

workout on my lunch hour...

happy hour with the ladies after work...

or all expense paid company trip that could top this...


I am overworked, my friends, but completely overpaid...in the love, hugs, giggles, and heart melting mom moments department.

I'm overpaid with His grace.

I am embracing where He has me...accepting where He has me...and knowing that this is indeed exactly where I'm supposed to be. Even when life seems a little crazy...

even when I feel out of the loop...

even when can't get a minute to catch my breath...

even when it seems that the only prayer time I have is when my head hits the pillow at night...

and even when I find a chicken nugget at the bottom of my purse.

(oh I wish I was lying)

This mom gig may not always be glamorous, and it's been an exhausting week around here - but there is no place I'd rather be.

And besides, I like to think I'm sorta like a CEO in this office, and that makes me feel really important. :)

9 comments:

Amber said...

Amen sister! Rich in love is the best kind of rich to be :)

Thoughts for the day said...

That SO reminds me of my son who runs a district attorneys office and is also a police sargeant and is a very professional man with 'binkies' in his pocket. And a life centered around his three boys. You will survive these days and you will do well. I love your little family.

Laura said...

that is a great way to think about it!!!!

*Katy* said...

LOVE THIS :)


(and I totally laughed out loud-like REALLY loud-at work when I read the chicken nugget part!)

The Beaver Bunch said...

I totally concur. Even though a sick day every now and then would be nice (you know, for when you're REALLY SICK).

But, the payment of this job surpasses any dollars I could be depositing to my checking account.

Anonymous said...

Awww. I love it. Soooo true.

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Ditto :)

Laurel said...

Love it!

Your blog posts always bring back so MANY fun memories.

I've been a mama for 27 years now. Oh how the time flys! And ... I have at least 9 more years with kids at home.

Wouldn't trade this 36 year career for anything.

It takes a very long time to earn the bonuses ... but I can't WAIT for the grandbabies to start arriving. :)

We had our first wedding in December ... we are having TWO weddings in July ... and we will probably have another in the fall. Which means ... 4 weddings in 1 year. Crazy ... but fun!


:) :) :)

JULIE said...

You do indeed have the best job! And the hardest. Your family is beautiful. Love that you are soaking them up.