Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Clearly...

Lincoln wasn't as impressed with the zoo like his sisters were...


I guess he sort of takes after his mama on the whole zoo thing...

(as in we love the animals, but sleep is currently more important than anything)

(and I'm not super interested in having a goat lick my hand)

(oh and the fact that I won't use an outside toilet since the great porta potty scare of 2008...please don't make me tell the story...ok I will, someday)

I'm actually that mom standing 10 feet away from the cages yelling, "Kids! Get back!" and "Kinley! Get your face off the feed dispenser!"


Let's just say I use a lot of antibacterial soap at the petting zoo.

But in all seriousness, the girlies had a blast, they got to do this cool mining thing where they found "gems", and it was beautiful outside - a perfect way to wrap up our weekend.

So I guess that means we'll have to take our zoo to the petting zoo a lot more often :).

It's a little to chilly here for the pool so I'm off to take the kiddos to the grocery - I'm feeling adventurous. Hope you all have a great day!

9 comments:

susan said...

ah, the things we will do simply because our children love to do them......

and yeah... I have not heard the porta loo story.... do tell. Man they are gross!
xx

*Katy* said...

I LOVE going to the zoo! Especially the petting zoo! But I can totally understand why some people would rather sleep right now :) I'm glad the girls had fun!

And I think now you need to share what happened in the portapotty...not that I use them either!

Laura said...

The grocery store with 6 kids... you are my hero :)

The Gausman Six said...

You must share some of your secrets for how you go out with all of them by yourself. I have a 5 year old and two year old triplets & I would love some tips!

Tricia@onceamonthmom.com said...

Adventurous or in need of blogging material?

Jen said...

I always love reading your posts. :) My kids LOVE animals too. ;)

becky said...

Haha, that first picture of Lincoln looks like he doesn't have a head. For some reason that cracks me up... :)

I'm sure the girls had a blast seeing all of the animals! Looks like it was a fun day!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Too funny!

Lenae said...

Oh, I hear ya. The zoo stresses me out too, but it's just so much fun seeing our kiddos enjoy themselves, isn't it? Glad you guys had a great outing!