Thursday, June 30, 2011

Oh Joy...

the holiday weekend is just around the corner, and we are ready!

I love the 4th, it's always been one of my favorite holidays.

Time to pull out all our red, white and blue...

time to cookout with friends and family...


time to head to the parade in town like we do every year...the girls just love it...


She's a modest little thing, isn't she?

Time to spend some family time at the pool - I love when Eric gets a day to come with me and the kiddos...


time to make this festive cake again with the girls...


(that's just food coloring mixed in white cake mix in case you're wondering. Super easy, super entertaining for the little ones)

and time to just sit back and enjoy my people. Ahhh, it just sounds good!

So I'm out of here till after the 4th so I can soak up some much needed time with my man and our crew :).

Have a great 4th, my friends!!

10 comments:

Marcella{The Life After "Trust Me"} said...

Happy 4th to you and your family also!!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Happy 4th! Enjoy!

Tiffany said...

Happy 4th to you and your family! That cake looks soo good. I'm going to make one. It must be something about the food coloring, because it looks more appetizing than plain white cake.

cowartclan said...

I am totally making that cake since it is our year to host the big shaBANG!

Jeni said...

I am loving having Jeremy home!!! I hope Eric is too. Maybe we will see you at the parade.

Ruth said...

Gosh, I've missed your family! =) And hey, it would be fun to meet up in Ohio sometime... I'll have to figure out exactly where you are.

I asked Jesus into my heart on the 4th of July, when I was 4, so this holiday is definitely one of my favorites too! Have a GREAT weekend!

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th to you and your family.

Time with the family is always a great and welcomed thing, huh?

Enjoy making those yummy and festive cakes.

jenny said...

Love a long weekend! Especially when it usually involves lots of yummy food! :) Hope it's a great 4th!

Anonymous said...

Awww. I hope you all have a great 4th of July weekend!!

susan said...

you enjoy yourself too Kate.......

we get to celebrate a birthday :):)