Monday, January 17, 2011

Pregnancy Induced Hibernation

I think it should be in the medical books.

My once self proclaimed "fly by the seat of my pants, run errands after bedtime, stay up past midnight" self has taken a hiatus.

I'd rather be home, where it's warm, in my comfy clothes, with my people :).

No need to run lots of errands after the kiddos get to bed, we can do without a loaf of bread for another day - I prefer to stay in my cave, I mean, home.

I've been seen turning down opportunities to walk around Target by myself, go return that Christmas gift that I got double of, or even go pick up my favorite salad from Chipotle.

Even one of the Target cashiers said, "where have you been, we haven't seen you in a while!"

I know, clearly my ways have changed. (don't fear, they will return!)

My almost 3rd trimester belly and I would rather stay home, and maybe eat some of those Valentines Day hearts that I shamelessly picked up at the store...


You either love them or you hate them, folks. I adore them.

Eric on the other hand thinks they taste like chalk. I'm just curious how he knows what chalk tastes like.

Annnyway.

Pregnancy Induced Hibernation.

It's what I've been up to :).

I'm not the only one who hibernates am I??

14 comments:

Joan said...

Oh Gosh No! Even not being preggers, not adays with the colder weather, I rather stay home in my PJ's and watch TV, play with the kids ect.! Hibernating is my favorite thing! =)

Us mom's don't get enough of the down time anyways, so once in a while it could do us some good =)

Eva said...

I agree with your husband.. they taste like chalk. I'm not pregnant but for the last couple of years (since I got this kidney disease) I have wanted to hibernate. You look lovely btw.

Marisa said...

There is no place like home! Especially when you are surrounded by your favorite people! Thanks for taking a trip to Target with me last week!

Lenae said...

Kate, this is so funny: I was just thinking about how I don't want to leave my house to do anything these days! Even the fabric store --one of my favorite places to wander and rummage around-- can't get me out of comfy clothes and into the car. I just want to curl up with my boys and wake up on the day I get to meet this little girl :)

Jeni said...

I'm hibernating, but I'm not pregnant. I had to run to Target tonight or there would be nothing to pack for lunch tomorrow. Thought of you :).

Anonymous said...

I understand where you are coming from. I remember that.

Marcella{The Life After "Trust Me"} said...

LOVE those hearts!!

Nikki said...

If staying home means hibernation, then I guess I'm hibernating all the time. I much prefer to be home than running around doing errands.

*Katy* said...

Most definitely NOT! I'm only 15 weeks pregnant and I find myself wanting to stay inside in my pjs rather than going out anywhere. I know I'll return to normal eventually, but with all of this snow, I'm thinking about hibernating until spring :)

Stacey @ Tree, Root, and Twig said...

I'm not even pregnant, and I love to hibernate! :D Oh...and I *love* conversation hearts. Yum, yum.

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm not even pregnant and I've been hibernating! I think its the cold weather that does it to me! I just want to be cozy and warm!

becky said...

Pregnant or not, hibernating is fabulous!

I think you should have mentioned that you got the candy hearts from the box, before they were even put on the shelves. :)

I have no doubt that Eric knows what chalk tastes like. That man knows everything!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Nope, I've been hibernating too and I'm not even pregnant :) And I must say, I agree with your hubby -- I think they taste like chalk. Or at least, what I imagined chalk would taste like ;)

jenny said...

Cold weather and pregnancy make for great reasons to stay home and fill up on those yummy candy hearts! Maybe Sam's sells those in bulk :)