I made some Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup over the weekend - and it was a huge success!
I put it all in the crockpot except for the noodles around 10am, and let it cook till Dinner. It was so great on a cold night, made the house smell good, and the girls loved it.
I highly recommend it...
Not a great picture, but believe me, it's SO good.
I got a recipe from here, but changed some things around. Here are the directions:
- 2 1/2 cups wide egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt (I recommend using a little less and salting to taste)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots (more veggies if you like - we used more :))
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
- In a large bowl, combine broth, salt, and poultry seasoning. Stir in celery and onion.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Gradually add to soup, stirring constantly.
- Pour into crockpot.
- I cooked the noodles right before we were ready to eat, I didn't add them in the crockpot because I thought they might get mushy or over cook. I ended up loving cooking the soup base and the noodles separate, I think it's a step I'll keep :).
Broccoli Cheese soup is next on the soup menu, that also sounds reeaally good.
Hope you all had a great weekend!