Tuesday, February 17, 2009

On The Menu

I found this recipe for Simple Low-Fat Chili w/ Corn in one of my new Crock Pot Cookbooks I got for Christmas...it is sooo good! Thought I'd share in case you were looking for a new chili recipe to warm up your meal! Here are the details:

- 3 pounds of lean ground beef (I use ground turkey)

- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomato's, undrained

- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) chili beans, undrained

- 2 cups sliced onions

- 1 can (12 ounces) yellow corn, drained

- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper

- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce

- 3 tablespoons chili powder

- 1 teaspoon garlic powder

- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

Cook meat, drain, and put in 5 quart (or more) crock pot. Add additional ingredients and cook on low 4 hours.

I actually add extra corn and bell peppers just for more flavor, and a can more of tomato's and beans. You can alter a little in a lot of ways which is great. Add sour cream, cheese, crackers, or whatever sounds good! It makes a good amount, so you can have left overs or freeze it for another day. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Annette said...

This sounds yummy! I think I will definitely have to try this out.

Jennifer said...

Kate, We make this recipe too and serve it with sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese and fritos. EVERYONE loves the fritos!! :)
I have a great time following your blog. THought I should post so I am not feeling snoopy though. Your family is beautiful. It's fun to see how God has grown your family!! Amazing! You can find me at plaidzebras.blogspot.com. Only fair, right :) Jennifer