Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Love You, And I Hate You

The Elliptical Machine that is...

It's time. I have decided to get back to the gym, and reclaim my body. I need some tone in my life. Target gave me the violent shove I needed when I walked in the other day and saw it, the enemy, this seasons swimsuit collection. It's been 11 weeks since the babies were born...it's time to face the music, it's time to stare the elliptical right in the face.

I love, love, love an elliptical machine, a cardio theater, and my ipod. Without an ipod, there is no workout. I refuse. The music helps me forget that there are 10 other machines right behind me with people on them watching my every move. My silent accountability. I know that they know when I got on that machine, and I don't want to be the first to stop. Especially since one of them is an elderly man that looks to be about 85 whose already been on 15min, (I always peek at every ones screens...don't act like you don't) and he doesn't look like he is stopping anytime soon. I respect my elderly, but he's not winning this one. I realized today that mid-morning workouts give a whole new meaning to "Sweatin' to the Oldies." Thanks to Justin Timberlake, the retired are bringing "SexyBack."

Anyway, I turn on the ipod and start jamming, I mean, exercising to my favorite tunes. I've got some old school, like Billie Jean and Ice Ice Baby, and some classic workout music like this song. Totally kidding, but laughing so hard that everyone is now singing along listening to Eye of the Tiger...you know you love it. I currently like to kick my workout up a notch with some Beyonce and J. Timberlake. Don't judge. I know many of you out there are sweating to "Single Ladies" and "LoveStoned"...it's ok, embrace your hip-hop side. Today I did my warm-down with Beautiful Life by Fisher...this is totally on TLC right now, and I am completely embarrassed not at all embarrassed to admit that I love it.

Before I knew it, 30 min had passed, and I had more energy than before. Sure, I couldn't feel my legs, but I was back in the gym, and back to feeling more like Kate. Swimsuit season, here I come...be afraid, be very afraid.

5 comments:

Miss said...

again, you totally crack me up! Thanks for the morning laugh!!

and, I love that you are staring the swimsuit in the eye and telling it where to go!!!!!!!!!

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

I tell you what! This getting into shape post-baby is the hardest work I've ever done! :)

Amber said...

there is NOTHING like JT and Beyonce to work out to. It is truly a must.

Marisa said...

You are too funny! I love how your mind works! I have SO been wanting to get back into the gym! You always look great after you have your babies. I'm sure this time won't be any different! Keep jammin' those great tunes!

Membership Required said...

I love eye of the tiger....I am so 80's! Good for you on the voyage back to the gym. I am working hard but got motivated much later than 11weeks. You go girl. Back to 11 weeks, I cant believe it has only been 11 weeks. I say that cuz they are not in my home by the way. I am sure you are saying "i have survived 11 weeks." But really it just seems like yesterday that we were all waiting for you to say "here they are."