Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's Time, Baby...

Or should I say, "It's time, my so-grown-up little girl."

I knew school was coming. I knew you were ready to knock 2nd grade out. And I knew you were excited.

What I didn't know is that I would see 7 years flash in front of my eyes as you walked into your classroom, sat down, and waved to your little friends. I felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest.

Wasn't it just yesterday that God gave you to us? And wasn't it a minute ago that you were standing at your 1st birthday doing animal sounds for everyone? Didn't you just start preschool??


(sorry about the quality of the pic, but that was taken on her 1st day of preschool...I had to scan it!)

My mothers voice saying, "before you know it, she'll be in school..." rings so loud in my ears today.

But as I've said, you can't fence time, and 2nd grade is calling. For years, we prayed that God would give us direction for our family, and we believe that He planted us in a great community, with great schools. I have 3 things I want you to know...

- I'm always here...waiting to listen or talk about anything. You can't figure out some of your class work? You don't know why that girl is acting the way she is? Someone hurt your feelings? I'm here. Always.

- You're a special little girl. You're funny, charming, smart, and incredibly loving...embrace it. You know when you asked me yesterday if you should hug your friends that you knew from last year? Yes, people love to be loved on - spread the love, sister.

- And finally, don't just spread your love, spread His love. You're equipped, so keep sharing your faith just like I've heard you do so many times. And when they ask questions, you go on and let your little light shine my sweet girl...thats what He has called us to do, it's a gift to be able to share it!


Alright you savvy little lady, have fun, learn a lot, and stop growing so stinkin' fast!

I love you, my sweet Ella Girl.

It's time, Baby.

(I posted this (almost) exact post this time last year....and the year before that :). I like to add to it as she grows!)

7 comments:

Julia said...

Your list reminded me of a book I read to my little ones. You may have heard of it, if not, you should find it and read it. Just in Case you Ever Wonder by Max Lucado. It is a reminder to me about how special they are and whose they really are!

Victoria said...

this made me tear up! good luck to Ella (and you too!)!!

second grade is an awesome year :)

God is great!

jenny said...

Sweet Ella! Love her 2nd grade pic! So glad she had a great day!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List said...

Beautiful, Kate! Love this "spreading His love" part!

Sarah said...

precious girl! and mama! I know you're so proud :)

Jeni said...

She's a cutie for sure!

Marisa said...

She looks so grown up in that picture! Go get 'em, Ella! Have a great year!