Friday, August 28, 2009

It's Time, Baby.

Or should I say, "It's time, little girl."

I knew it was coming. I knew you were ready. And I knew that that you were excited.

What I didn't know, was that I would see 5 years flash right before my eyes as I watched you walk into your classroom in your little uniform and amazingly cute button knee highs.

Wasn't it just yesterday that God gave you to us?
And wasn't it just a minute ago when you were standing at your 1st birthday party doing animal sounds for everyone?

My mothers voice saying: "before you know it, she'll be starting School...", rings so loud in my ears today.

But as I've said, You can't fence time, and Kindergarten is calling. We asked God for direction, and believe He showed us an amazing school for our family.

You are indeed ready, my smart, savvy little girl. Have fun, learn a lot, and stop growing so stinkin' fast :).

I love you, my sweet Ella Girl.

If you need me - I'll be in the car, trying to pull myself together :).

It's Time, Baby.


12 comments:

Jeni said...

Oh my goodness, she looks so cute. Did you miss her? I didn't realize she had to wear a uniform? She looks very cute! Love the knee socks.

Shannon said...

Oh my word! Way to make me cry! =o)

Clair said...

I'm with you every step of the way. So hard!

Marisa said...

That 1st day is tough! I bet she loved it though!

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

So sweet! She looks adorable in her little uniform. I hope she loves school!

Helene said...

Awww, this is such a sweet post. She looks adorable for her first day of school! I totally understand this post, as my 1st set of twins just started kindergarten this year!

Sarah said...

She looks so beautiful and grown-up! Beautiful sentiments... I understand. :)

Anonymous said...

She is not even my child and my heart strings are pulled! I am sure she had a wonderful day and was full of stories. :)

Those socks are adorable!!!!

Eva said...

Awww. She is so cute.

Membership Required said...

That is just about the cutest uniform I have ever seen! Hope you did alright mama!

Miss said...

so...how are you doing? I almost cried on your behalf as I read =)

how did SHE do going in to her class, etc?

Jackie said...

She's PRECIOUS, Kate! And, oh, I will be right there with you next year, sitting in my car and trying to pull myself together. Seriously...where does the time go?

How does she like school so far?