Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I've Been Thinking

...about a lot...

...you know, when I get a chance to think ;)...

...about change...

...about our daily routine...

...about new shoes. what? sometimes new shoes require deep thought...

...thinking about moving - and dreaming of more room for the girls to play...

...but knowing that I will miss this little house terribly...

...thinking that maybe I'll get rid of my hair straightener and embrace the long, wavy hair God gave me...

...and possibly dying it back to its natural light brown color...

...feeling like maybe I would get into better shape if I would lay down the Trader Joe's Chocolate Covered Pretzel Slims...

...deciding to let myself be myself, and knowing that that is just what He wants...

...praying that I can teach my girls to love their image, because they were made in His image...

...thinking about how tired I am of this world's lies...

...feeling like I just might wear sandals well into the winter months...

...but also looking forward to changing leaves and my favorite fleece...

...trying to grasp the fact that this sweet little girl will be starting school in 3 weeks...


...wondering if I will be that mom taking a ton of pics on the 1st day of school - and coming to the realization that, of course I will be "that mom."

...wondering if we made the right choice on school...

...still wondering if I am ignoring a calling to home school...

...wondering if people really do see me singing in the car at the top of my lungs...

...wondering why I don't care if they do...

...thinking of how tempting it is to incorporate some dance moves in w/ that singing when you're in the moment...

...and then deciding quickly to not do that...ever...alright, sometimes...

...thinking of trading my keyring gym card in for a Starbucks keyring card...

...and feeling like that might be the best idea I've had in years...

And now speaking of which, I am off to pack up all my Savvies and go get me some of that sweet caffeine :).

9 comments:

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

Are you all moving soon? Did your house sell yet? I am feeling the same way... ready for fall, ready to move and have more space, and definitely craving an iced mocha!

Annika said...

Great post! Loved hearing your thoughts.

Eva said...

I have so much to say about this post {grin}.
1 ~ you look great so don't give up the chocolate.
2 ~ how in the world do you find time to go to the gym and straighten your hair?
3 ~ you are not a natural blond? {grin}
4 ~ you totally need to be yourself. HE loves you that way.
5 ~ we ignored a call to homeschool for 5 years. now I finally feel like I'm doing what I was called to do all along.
6 ~ love the glimps into your home. your 3 oldest share a room? love the decor.
7 ~ when we moved from our tiny town house to our larger farmhouse I missed the tiny house terribly the first year. The togetherness.

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Yes we are trying to sell our house, it is a little crazy :).

And yes, the 3 oldest girls share a room...it almost looks like a dorm room due to the 3 twin beds :). Oh well, it works!

Sarah said...

Thanks for a deeper glimpse into your life. I think a lot too - you know, in all my free time. :) I ask lots of questions, and I get frustrated at not having all the answers. But maybe the beauty of life is that we DON'T have all the answers... and that's ok.

Miss said...

Be "THAT" MOM!!! GO you =)

I was totally that mom...crying daughter and all! (although, I didnt actually photograph her CRYING..I thought that may be just a BIT much!! )

I want to see more pics of your house! i love what I see! And man...all that pink...mine is dominated by blue, although Ella does try to make it more pink =)

Miss said...

p.s....doesn't it feel GREAT to decide to JUST BE YOU and not anyone else? =)

Me and My Boys - Krista said...

"...deciding to let myself be myself, and knowing that that is just what He wants...

...praying that I can teach my girls to love their image, because they were made in His image...

...thinking about how tired I am of this world's lies..."

I love it! I honestly think raising girls brings so much of a challenge unlike any other (which is why I am thankful for my boys). Just knowing that you want your girls' to have a great self-image because they were made in His imagine means you're going to do a great job teaching them that. Thank you for putting Godly women out in our world! :)

Laurel said...

Great post!

Homeschooling? Oh my yes! The BEST part of homeschooling is the amazing relationships that are built between siblings (especially when they're so close in age). Family relationships need to be so much more important than peer relationships.

I started homeschooling when my 6 older kids were: 6, 5, 4, 2, 2, 1. Now they are all young adults, and every one of them is passionately loving and serving the Lord. Couldn't ask for anything more. (except maybe grandkids sometime soon).

mama of 13