Saturday, October 2, 2010

Shadow Boxes

I posted a pic a few weeks back that had these in the background, and I got some questions about them. "What are those things in the background!?"

They are Shadow Boxes that I made after the girls were born. (sorry the color isn't great - it's rainy here and I'm low on natural light!)

They were super inexpensive, yet for me, they hold SO much value. I got these at Kohl's I think on clearance for like $12 when I was still pregnant with Reese and Char. I actually haven't been able to do Kin &Ray's yet because I haven't come across any like these lately, and I've already accepted that I probably won't find a deal as good! But I am on a mad search because I really want one in their room, and eventually (Lord willing), one in the new babe's room :).

In Reese & Charlotte's I have their Bassinet cards, hospital bands, and those teeny socks we put on them when they were brand new. And in Ella's I put her hospital band, Bassinet card, hat, and a pic from the day we brought her home. We were advised to lay her in front of our glass screen door so she could get some natural sunlight - she had a pretty good case of Jaundice.


I can't believe they are 4 and 6.

They are some of my favorite things in the house - they actually got their own box with bubble wrap when we moved :).

So there they are! I love 'em!

11 comments:

Bridget said...

I was actually looking around at the archives on Dollar Store Crafts(SUPER COOL SITE!) yesterday and saw this. You could do this!
http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2010/07/create-a-shadowbox-from-regular-frames/

jenny said...

Very cute and such fun to look back at those first days. We have one in L's room too...I should get them for the boys also. I found L's at Pottery Barn kids and I love it because the top is hinged and just flips open if you want to change things out on the inside.

bass family said...

Those are awesome!

Sarah Halstead said...

Aww! I need to find some. What a great idea!

Lenae said...

I love shadow boxes and will probably create a set for our kids someday too! They're such a great way to display their baby mementos!

Crystal said...

Those are precious...thank you for sharing! I don't comment often but I'm working on that LOL...congrats on the pregnancy!!

Stef said...

Not sure if there are any near you, but there is a store called HomeGoods here & I have seen shadowboxes very recently in their store.

Laura said...

Love the idea, I have been looking for something to do for my girls and this is very cute! Thanks for such a great idea!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I love these!!! I have shadow box frames in my basement but wasn't for sure what to do with them...and now I know! Thanks!!!!

Kayla said...

aww So cute! I definitely want to do something like this for my sons things!

becky said...

LOVE those shadow boxes. They hold such special memories for your family. I can't wait to see THREE (or six, if it is quad boys...)more of those hanging up in your house soon! :)