Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Baby Girls

Kinley & Raya, today is your 1st birthday.

It’s been a year since we heard your 1st cries, a year since I held you for the 1st time, and a year since you 2 made us parents to 5 little girls. 1 whole year since you came into our lives, like a breath of fresh air.

You girls are sweet beyond measure.

I have watched you grow over the past year, and I have adored every second of it. I love listening to you girls babble in the monitor 1st thing in the morning, the way your eyes light up when you see me, the way your peach fuzz hair smells, and the way you wrap your little fingers around mine.

I love the way you giggle at your big sisters, the way you snuggle into my neck when you’re tired, and the way you reach your arms out to be picked up.
Kinley, Raya, my cup runs over with love for you 2. It is bittersweet that a whole year has gone by. I love to watch you grow, but I also want you to be my babies forever – which, actually, you will always be my babies…2 of my 5. Don’t expect me to ever let go of that – I think it’s some kind of rule that I can always refer to you as my babies, no matter how old you are.

If I could bottle your baby sweetness, I would.

Mama loves you more than you could ever imagine.

Happy Birthday, my little loves.

13 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Happy Birthday baby girls!!

So, so sweet!

{The Christian's} said...

Happy Birthday Girls! I hope you have a great day!

What a wonderful year it has been! :)

Sarah said...

beautiful! happy 1 yr to babies AND mama :)

becky said...

Happy birthday, sweet little munchkins!! I can't believe how fast this year has flown by!! Kate, I love the pictures--especially the one of Raya with her hood up--precious!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

How completely sweet!
Happy Birthday twin babies :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! :)

Thanks for checking in on me. I am fine... just super busy!
I will be back.-- promise!

Marisa said...

Happy Birthday, girls! So cute!

Miss said...

*tear...*

beautifully written friend!

Lenae said...

Happy Birthday wishes all around!!! Ah, the first birthday is always such an emotional one (but I might be one of those moms that cries at EVERY birthday... cough cough :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday girls! Beautiful post mommy!

Isaiah 19 said...

Happy Birthday sweet girls! Kate they are too cute! Hope the moving goes smoothly for you guys.

Mary Moss said...

It flies by! You are so blessed (as are your 5 beautiful girls:-)