We got into a little cookin' this weekend. A few of you might have seen on facebook that we started into our pumpkin recipes.
It's time, right? I have a lot of Fall recipes to make, so we need to get moving.
Because you know that we start moving on into the Christmas spirit mid-November, right? And that's in 8 weeks my friends. Like our tree and lights go up at that point. Am I getting to far ahead? Sorry.
If you've been around here for awhile you know that we get real festive a tad early, and stay festive, for as long as possible.
We whipped up this sweet little (low fat believe it or not) cake this weekend, Pumpkin Angel Food Cake...
And yes, it tastes as good as it looks.
Here's the info:
Ingredients & Directions:
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (I added the whole can)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Fold a fourth of the batter into pumpkin mixture; gently fold in the remaining batter. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets.
- Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 38-44 minutes or until top is golden brown and cake springs back when lightly touched and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. Garnish each slice with 1 tablespoon whipped topping.
So anyway, the family loved it, I loved it, and we will be making it again. When I cut the 1st piece Ella said, "no one touch it, I'm sure mom wants to take a picture!"
I love how they get me.
Well, go make it! Throw a party, take some to your neighbors, and maybe drop some off to your local Target cashiers.
I promise, they'll just love ya for it.
Enjoy! Happy Monday!