Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Want My Flip Flops

You're not going to believe this...

Today I did the laundry. I folded the laundry. And then I PUT IT AWAY.

I know, I'm growing up so fast.

----------------------------------------

I want my filp-flops back. Enough with the snow!

We have had a ton 'o snow lately - we're under what the TV calls a "snow emergency." Snow, Schmow. I ventured in to town with my 5 ladies yesterday for lunch and a trip to Kroger's, it went well. We only knocked over one Barbie display, and you know those little cinnamon roll packages - the round ones? Reese learned that taking 1 out sometimes means 20 will follow. Clean up in the Refrigerated section, please.

Today we just stayed in. Stayed in our pj's. And I tried to pretend that I wasn't struggling to stay awake during a game of Go Fish. What is it about the snow days that make me feel so tired?? I wish Starbucks delivered, that would be a great thing. I would have ordered a Venti Nonfat Mocha w/ an extra shot of espresso...

Or maybe I would just ask if they had some sort of Caffeine IV Drip for days like this...

Maybe that's a little over the top.

Anyway, as of right now we are heading out in the morning for a "normal" school day. The younger 4 and I will also be heading to chickfila to play and get some breakfast... and hopefully Target is in our future as well.

Want to join us :)??

12 comments:

Katy and Ross said...

I will take an IV drip also, please :)

HT said...

Hubby and I have the very bad habit drinking a huge mug of coffee most mornings. Granted it is organic and so on and so forth, but it's still way more coffee than we should be consuming.

Jenn @ A Country Girl's Ramblings said...

Give me the sun, a caffeine drip and cute flip flops! I'm with you!

Tina Michelle said...

I wish I could come!! I want to wear my flippies too!! I am so sick of this snow and cold weather and being stuck inside. We love to spend summer days outside in our front yard on our swingset. Have a blast at Chikfila!

Miss said...

1. I am astounded AND amazed that you not only DID your laundry or FOLDED your laundry, but that you PUT IT AWAY! I have not yet mastered that last one!

2. I am ALWAYS dreaming of the day that my favorite coffee and fast food placed deliver (oh how spoiled that THIS is my dream!)

3. I will meet you at Target in approx. 13 minutes !=)...I wish!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Why DOESN'T Starbucks deliver? I'll bet they'd make a killing :)

Amy said...

Hmm.. did you buy chance cruise the shoe aisle at Target??

Hope you had a great day! :)

Lenae said...

Chick-Fil-A and Target were checked off our to-do list today as well :)

A friend and I went shopping this weekend at an outlet mall where we scored some super-cute flip flops for $1.50 per pair! I would be wearing them right now, if it were only 30 degrees warmer... :)

bass family said...

GOOD JOB on the laundry!

and yes I want to come :) And bring four more little ladies!

tabby said...

I am with you ... Boo to Old man Winter! We have had a ton of snow here as well as freezing temps, today we had sunshine... I had forgotten what it looked like!! (is that bad english?) anyway..
Starbucks should deliver! I worked at a (Licensed Starbucks) inside a Target store while I was going to school. My fav was a Soy Mocha... have you tried it? It is actually pretty good. :)

3inpink,2inblue said...

....stopping in to catch up on your blog....
We just returned from FL where I did get to wear my flip flops. I will so stow you away in my suitcase next time! ;)

LOVE the jean post. Yes, I shop with my 5 kiddos in tow and its a completely hilarious scene similar to yours! (and the Cheerios thing is true, let's be real)

We had a trip to the dentist yesterday that offended everyone there. I had to blog about it very quickly so I didn't do it justice....

Spring is coming!!
k

Rana said...

Save me some Chickfila and I could use a new cute pair of flip flops at Target.